5 Faux-Fur Must Haves for less than $200 (nope...that wasn't a typo...)
As much as I have been reluctant to admit it, winter is in fact in full swing here in NYC. And (apparently) with winter temperatures come winter fashion trends. Enter...the faux fur mania that has been taking over your Instagram feeds and occupying quite a bit of real estate space on your friends' blogs - not to mention the department stores.
I'm not mad at all though. I have lived on the East Coast for 2 years now and have adamantly refused to invest in one of those hideous puffy jacket/parka/eskimo attire looking things. I just won't do it. But faux fur? That's a warm alternative that I can live with. No animal cruelty? Check. Bitter cold and wind protection for my precious little California-bred body and bloodstream? Check. Feeling like a soft, fuzzy teddy bear? Check, check, aaaaand check!
I've rounded up 5 of my absolute favorite faux fur finds, and yes, they are all in fact under $200. You can thank me later.
1. Camel Cropped Faux Fur Coat by Banana Republic ($188): You may have noticed from my Instagram feed that I'm just a liiiitttleeee obsessed with this one. It's SUPER warm and comfy, and literally the softest thing I've ever had the pleasure of stroking (errm.... petting...? touching? okay I'll stop now). It's also cropped just enough so that I don't feel like I'm wearing a robe around all day. Definitely worth the investment.
2. "What the Faux Fur Coat" by Nasty Gal ($178): A little more color, a little more funk, a little more sass. Still the same warmth and same great price. Need I say more?
3. A-Line Coat in Faux Fur with Contrast Pockets by Asos ($128): I am absolutely obsessed with this coat. Talk about teddy bear! The contrast pockets are soooo adorable and this one is just long enough to be perfect over a mini dress or skirt. Pair with some tights (or not) and you're winter ready! And for $128?!? Seriously. Go get this one now before they're all gone!
4. Hocus Faux Fur Coat by Nordstrom ($149): Nordstrom is always a great spot to find more classic, all types of occasions options. This coat is absolutely gorgeous, and in its neutral grey shade, it goes with just about everything. Definite winner.
5. Patchwork in the Rye Cape Coat by Nasty Gal ($198): This is honestly probably my absolute favorite of the bunch. I am a complete sucked for anything patchwork, and this number by Nasty Gal does not disappoint. It's the most pricey out of this list, but honestly well worth the extra few dollars to look that good.
What are your thoughts on the faux fur trend? Yes? No? Undecided? Would love to hear your feedback in the comments below! Happy shopping!